Role: Automation & IT Expert (AIE)
Reports to: Project Business Director
Location: Italy, Trieste (HHLA PLT Italy terminal – Expansion)
Shift work: No
Travel: Limited (<10%)
HHLA PLT Italy (PLT) is preparing the construction of a major port expansion in Trieste and is creating the team to build up the business.
In this team we are looking for an experienced Automation & IT Expert (AIE).
Scope of work:
The AIE reviews the operational flows and conceptualizes the Automation & IT requirements in close coordination with the Operations Expert, the Safety Specialist and the Asset team. The AIE drives the overall automation concept forward and delivers accurate and safe solutions to be delivered. The AIE documents the solutions from a conceptual level down to the detailed technical solution that can be implemented. This implementation will be in close collaboration with the external equipment supplier and the internal teams.
The AIE is a pro-active communicator and collaborator across the project team gathering and sharing information.
Summary of responsibilities:
- Build out the automation concept into detailed technical solutions
- Solve the automation & IT requirements for all operational flows
- Project manage automation topics or automated areas
- Liaise with internal & external stakeholders
- Apply best practices in terms of automation, IT & safety
- Forecast problem areas and provide solutions
- Share requirements with the Asset team
- Interface with the HHLA PLT Italy existing IT and automation
- Support where required the Project Management
We’re looking for an experienced process minded individual who can build-out the automation concepts. The person would have a high sense of responsibility as the role is vital to ensure we can operate/deliver the business.
- Good English (Italian and/or German are a plus)
- Experience (5+ year(s)) in automation/IT (port experience highly valued but not mandatory)
- Experience (5+ year(s)) in building processes and guiding automation projects
- Thorough understanding safety in automated environment (experience with the Italian legal environment & EU machinery directive highly valued)
- Strong communicator both verbally and written
- Ability to work in agile environment and bring people together to deliver solutions
- Self-starter with the ability to translate high level concepts into technical solutions
- Process & logic driven mentality
- Degree in Engineering/IT/other
The ideal candidate would have a valid EU working permit and would be willing to relocate to Trieste in short notice.