Role: Automation & IT Implementation Manager
Reports to: Project Business Director
Location: Italy, Trieste (HHLA PLT Italy terminal – Expansion)
Shift work: No
Travel: Limited (<10%)
HHLA PLT Italy (PLT) is preparing the construction of a major port expansion in Trieste and is creating the team to build up the business.
In this team we are looking for an experienced Automation & IT Implementation Manager.
Scope of work:
The Automation & IT Implementation Manager reviews the operational flows and conceptualizes the Automation & IT requirements in close coordination with the Operations Implementation Manager, the Safety Specialist and the Asset team. The Automation & IT Implementation Manager drives the overall automation concept forward and delivers accurate and safe solutions to be delivered. The Automation & IT Implementation Manager documents the solutions from a conceptual level down to the detailed technical solution that can be implemented. This implementation will be in close collaboration with the external equipment supplier and the internal teams.
The Automation& IT Implementation Manager is a pro-active communicator and collaborator across the project team gathering and sharing information.
Summary of responsibilities:
- Build out the automation concept into detailed technical solutions
- Solve the automation & IT requirements for all operational flows
- Project manage automation topics or automated areas
- Liaise with internal & external stakeholders
- Apply best practices in terms of automation, IT & safety
- Forecast problem areas and provide solutions
- Share requirements with the Asset team
- Interface with the HHLA PLT Italy existing IT and automation
- Support where required the Project Management
We’re looking for an experienced process minded individual who can build-out the automation concepts. The person would have a high sense of responsibility as the role is vital to ensure we can operate/deliver the business.
- Good English (Italian and/or German are a plus)
- Experience (5+ year(s)) in automation/IT (port experience highly valued but not mandatory)
- Experience (5+ year(s)) in building processes and guiding automation projects
- Thorough understanding safety in automated environment (experience with the Italian legal environment & EU machinery directive highly valued)
- Strong communicator both verbally and written
- Ability to work in agile environment and bring people together to deliver solutions
- Self-starter with the ability to translate high level concepts into technical solutions
- Process & logic driven mentality
- Degree in Engineering/IT/other
The ideal candidate would have a valid EU working permit and would be willing to relocate to Trieste in short notice.