Join HHLA PLT Italy, the new Multipurpose Terminal in the Port of Trieste for Container, RoRo, General Cargo and Project Cargo. The terminal, located in the heart of the Adriatic, is to accommodate growing demand and to become the future interchange platform between sea and rail on the intersection of Baltic, Adriatic and Mediterranean railway.
As Cargo Administrator, you are responsible for computation and clearing of all operations-related information from the client. The Cargo Administrator is the key driver to ensure adequate preparation of the information required for terminal operations as well as follow-up on operations carried out.
Summary of your responsibilities:
- Contact person to clients, authorities, forwarders, haulers
- Data entry into the terminal’s IT system based on information received
- Ensuring consistency of data and manual correction where required
- Clarification of data inconsistencies with the appropriate information holder
- Creating customs declarations as required for cargo to leave/enter the terminal
- Creating cargo waybills
- Creating of pre-billing events as input for invoicing
- Creating vessel departure documents
- Other tasks on instruction by the superior
We are looking for a motivated team player who can deliver accurate results in a dynamic work environment.
- Fluent in Italian and English; Other languages like Slovenian, Turkish and Croatian as a plus
- Good skills in using computerised systems
- Excellent communication skills
- Willingness to work in shifts
- Reliable performance of operational functions even in stressful situations
- Interest in optimizing workflows
- Open for a change in work environment and building up a new business
Your workplace will be located on-site the terminal and will require some shift and weekend work. Due to the nature of the job’s responsibilities, remote working will not be possible or to a very limited degree.
Are you enthusiastic about embracing a new professional challenge in a dynamic and fast-growing team? Then please send us an email with your curriculum vitae, earliest possible starting date and compensation package expectations.