Role: Civil Engineer
Reports to: Project Director Assets
Location: Italy, Trieste (HHLA PLT Italy terminal – Expansion)
Shift work: No
Travel: Limited (<10%)
Level: Intermediate / Professional
HHLA PLT Italy (PLT) is preparing the construction of a major port expansion in Trieste and is creating the team to follow the planning and preparation and the execution of the works. In this team we are looking for an experienced civil engineer.
Scope of work:
The Civil Engineer plays a critical role within the Asset team, the Civil Engineer manages the design development and the construction of the civil assets. The Civil Engineer works with a variety of internal and external stakeholders to ensure timely and compliant delivery of assets.
Summary of responsibilities:
- Manage design / design office for the terminal expansion
- Carry out technical and feasibility studies
- Develop construction projects from design up to construction and delivery to the operational team
- Safety is of utmost importance and an important part of the role is making sure all safety standards are followed, both in design and in execution
- Weekly and monthly reporting including timeline and cost forecasts
- Optimize civil / construction projects in terms of planning, execution and cost control
- Conduct on-site investigations and analyze data / reports
- Manage the collaboration with numerous internal and external providers and stakeholders
- Supervise on-site activities related to civil / construction
- Adhere to the guidelines regarding procurement, compliance, documentation, etc.
- Provide expert advice to the Project Management
- Accurate filing of technical documentation, structured approach in collaboration with the Document Controller
- Support where required the Project Director Assets
We’re looking for an experienced civil engineer excited to join the largest port development in Italy. The person maintains the highest technical and safety standards. The person is an all-rounder with experience in design, implementation and supervision of civil assets. The role requires a pro-active approach and problem-solving in coordination with internal and external stakeholders.
- Good English and Italian (German is a plus)
- Experience (5+ year(s)) in civil engineering (design, implementation, supervision, etc.) with projects exceeding >€50 Million
- Experience (5+ year(s)) formal / technical documents & regulatory (permit) approvals
- Basic abilities in AutoCAD
- Thorough understanding of civil & safety guidelines and international practices
- Able to multi-task several ongoing construction projects
- Professional with a hands-on mentality
- Experience in supervising construction projects
- Ability to network and manage across internal and external technical offices
- Ability to network with internal and external stakeholders
- Degree in Civil Engineering with Civil Engineer license
The ideal candidate would have a valid EU working permit and would be willing to relocate to Trieste in short notice.