Join HHLA PLT Italy, the new Multipurpose Terminal in the Port of Trieste for Container, RoRo, General Cargo and Project Cargo. The terminal, located in the heart of the Adriatic, is to accommodate growing demand and to become the future interchange platform between sea and rail on the intersection of Baltic, Adriatic and Mediterranean railway.
As an IT Specialist, you are responsible for carrying out the tasks required to ensure continuous safe availability of the IT systems to support operations.
Summary of your responsibilities:
- Make sure that IT system work without interruption and give technical support to end-users during the opening hours of the terminal.
- Install hardware and conduct periodical and un-periodical maintenance
- Take immediate hardware actions in order to make system work without interruption,
- Introduce and train the employees for new or updated hardware and software,
- Follow the updates in software systems and update accordingly
- Introduce new users to the system and determine permissions
- Adjust necessary security settings,
- Manage the data backup process
- Make changes in software programs based on end-user demands
- Perform other duties as assigned by the IT Manager
We are looking for a motivated team player who can deliver accurate results in a dynamic work environment.
- B.Sc. degree in computer science or related fields of study
- Minimum 2 years of work experience,
- Minimum 1 year experience in assembly and hardware,
- Technical proficiency in English and Italian,
- Proficient in programming, database, network and Windows server software
- Have a driving license,
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
Your workplace will be located on-site the terminal and will require some limited shift and weekend work. Due to the nature of the job’s responsibilities, remote working can be possible to a limited degree.
Are you enthusiastic about embracing a new professional challenge in a dynamic and fast-growing team? Then please send us an email with your curriculum vitae, earliest possible starting date and compensation package expectations.