Role: Operations Expert (Expansion Project)
Reports to: Project Business Director
Location: Italy, Trieste (HHLA PLT Italy terminal – Expansion)
Shift work: No
Travel: Limited (<10%)
Level: Intermediate / Senior
HHLA PLT Italy (PLT) is preparing the construction of a major port expansion in Trieste and is creating the team to build up the business. In this team we are looking for an experienced Operations Expert.
Scope of work:
The Operations Expert defines the detailed operational flows of the project, and guides operational concerns, questions and topics to resolution. The Operations Expert documents the operational concepts into the operational charter and Standard Operating Procedures. The Operations Expert is a pro-active communicator and collaborator across the project team gathering and sharing information.
Summary of responsibilities:
- Build the Operations charter/Business Process Manual
- Solve operational flows (gate, landside, waterside, other)
- Project manage operational topics or areas
- Liaise with internal stakeholders (project planning – document control – others)
- Incorporate customer feedback/commercial impact
- Forecast problem areas and provide solutions
- Share requirements with the Asset team
- Interface with the HHLA PLT Italy existing operations
- Support where required the Project Management
We’re looking for an experienced process minded individual who can build-out the operational concepts. The person would have a high sense of responsibility as the role is vital to ensure we can operate/deliver the business.
- Good English (Italian and/or German are a plus)
- Experience (5+ year(s)) in terminal operations (container experience key, other experience in RoRo, General Cargo, etc. highly valued)
- Experience (5+ year(s)) in building processes and guiding operations
- Thorough understanding terminal and delivering quality to the customer
- Strong communicator both verbally and written
- Ability to work in agile environment and bring people together to deliver solutions
- Self-starter with the ability to set-up processes & procedures
- Process & logic driven mentality
- Degree in Business/Logistics/other
The ideal candidate would have a valid EU working permit and would be willing to relocate to Trieste in short notice.