Join HHLA PLT Italy, the new Multipurpose Terminal in the Port of Trieste for Container, RoRo, General Cargo and Project Cargo. The terminal, located in the heart of the Adriatic, is to accommodate growing demand and to become the future interchange platform between sea and rail on the intersection of Baltic, Adriatic and Mediterranean railway.
As Planner Berth, Ship & Resources you are responsible for preparation of quayside operations and planning and allocation of the required resources for the entire terminal. You are the key driver to ensure:
- Planning and control of the terminal’s resources
- Planning of berth occupation and vessel cargo handling
Summary of your responsibilities:
- Responsible planning of resources for the land and water side operations for the following shifts (berth- and equipment deployment planning)
- Planning of the required personnel (quantity, qualification) for the following shifts and information on staffing
- Monitoring of weather data and nautical restrictions
- On consultation with the Shift Leader: Monitoring and control of the entire terminal
- Preparation and analysis of yard forecasts and initiation of corresponding measures
- Preparation and monitoring of work programs and work packages for the container cranes
- Planning of berth occupation schedules in coordination with the clients
- Handing over open work scopes to planners who take over for the following shift
- Coordination of the processes with the customers and their representatives
- Planning of general cargo, RoRo and container loading
- Assessment of the loading conditions of the ships and ongoing coordination with the shift management and external parties involved (ship management, pilots, shipping company headquarters and authorities)
- Creation and sending of terminal performance reports
- Compilation and analysis of statistics on terminal services logistics and handling operations
- Other tasks on instruction by the superior
We are looking for a motivated team player who can deliver accurate results in a dynamic work environment.
- 2 years of experience in port operations management (or similar)
- Fluent in Italian and English
- Good skills in using computerised systems
- Excellent communication skills
- Willingness to work in shifts
- Reliable performance of operational functions even in stressful situations
- Interest in optimizing workflows
- Open for a change in work environment and building up a new business
Your workplace will be located on-site the terminal and will require some shift and weekend work. Due to the nature of the job’s responsibilities, remote working will not be possible or to a very limited degree.
Are you enthusiastic about embracing a new professional challenge in a dynamic and fast-growing team? Then please send us an email with your curriculum vitae, earliest possible starting date and compensation package expectations.