Role: Sales & Customer Care Assistant
Reports to: Commercial manager
Location: Italy, Trieste (HHLA PLT Italy terminal)
Shift work: No
Scope of work:
The Sales & Customer Care Assistant works in the Commercial and Sales team ensuring the highest level of Customer Care to HHLA PLT Italy. The SCCA assists Commercial and Sales Manager in sales and marketing activities. The Sales/Customer Care Assistant is above all responsible for maintaining solid and positive customer relations.
Summary of responsibilities:
- Follow defined customer care objectives, cultivate relationships with customers.
- Support the creation of commercial proposals, offers and documentation.
- Support the customer during negotiation and post sales activities.
- Support the communication between customers and operation team where required.
- Collect, consolidate, and archive relevant data for reporting, prebilling and monitoring of commercial activities.
- Responsible for commercial related claims; collect data, build the case, communicate with customer to find the optimal solution.
- Responsible for coordinating and preparing commercial material/presentations for meetings, exhibitions, and events.
- Support with communication planning and implementation. Support the department and business unit where required.
Education & Experience
- Degree in Law/Business/Languages or related
- Experience at least 2+ year in Customer Service or Commercial positions (preferably with experience in shipping/freight forwarding/logistics companies)
Technical Skills & Knowledge Required (specific skills and knowledge required for the position)
- Good skill of using Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint) and Microsoft Outlook
- Ability to write Customer related information and correspondence
- Basic understanding of finance as the position requires pre-billing tasks to be performed
Behavioural Competencies Required (e.g. organizational skills, ability to lead a team, etc.)
We’re looking for a social, support-oriented personality with strong communication skills that can cooperate with current and potential customers while supporting the Commercial and Sales Manager. The person is professional and accurate in all tasks given and welcoming/supportive towards all customers. The person is very accurate in their spoken and written communication. Specifically:
- Able to multi-task and perform under pressure
- Professional at all times with a social nature
- Self-starter that can deliver results with minimal guidance
- Ability to network both within the Group and with external stakeholders
- Good communicator
- Good English and Italian (Turkish is a plus) both written and spoken
- Valid EU working permit
- Willing to relocate to Trieste at short notice.