Join HHLA PLT Italy, the new Multipurpose Terminal in the Port of Trieste for Container, RoRo, General Cargo and Project Cargo. The terminal, located in the heart of the Adriatic, is to accommodate growing demand and to become the future interchange platform between sea and rail on the intersection of Baltic, Adriatic and Mediterranean railway.
As Shift Leader, you are the overall responsible person for the operations and operational safety during the assigned shift. You are key driver to:
- Build and execute the shift plan(s)
- Achieve operational KPI’s (yard, vessel, rail)
- Ensure compliance with safety & security policies
- Lead planning, execution and quality
Summary of your responsibilities:
- Manage and control the terminal during the shift
- Coordinate workload, priorities, assignments
- Lead safety by example
- Support and motivate the operations team
- Train and guide the operations team
- Control and coordinate labour & equipment allocation
- Build operational excellence
- Liaise with stakeholders, authorities and customers
- Assist senior management in achieving operational goals
- Coordinate terminal resources
- Conduct shift handover briefing
- Control shift reporting
- Perform other duties as assigned by the operations manager
We are looking for an experienced operational person who can drive a team to excel while maintaining safety standards.
- 5-10 yrs of operational supervision/managerial role
- Understanding of logistics/port operations is a plus
- Fluent in Italian, other languages are a plus
- Good ability to use system, understanding of terminal operating systems is a plus
Your workplace will be located on-site the terminal and will require some shift and weekend work. Due to the nature of the job’s responsibilities, remote working will not be possible.
Are you enthusiastic about embracing a new professional challenge in a dynamic and fast-growing team? Then please send us an email with your curriculum vitae, earliest possible starting date and compensation package expectations.